
So tonight Jayden and Kira start swimming lessons. I am nervous about the whole thing. Jayden will do awesome! He knows what he is capable of and he took a few classes a couple of years back. Kira, on the other hand, has me nervous. She is determined and independent. Both qualities are great to have, I am just not sure that they will serve her as well when she is in a pool where she can't reach the bottom. She believes that she can swim like the fish even though we have "let" her sink a couple of times. After we drag her up from the bottom of the pool, she looks surprised as to why she didn't swim and assures us that next time it will work. The sooner she learns how to really swim the better! I fear that she will attempt to swim during the lesson when the instructor is not looking. I have high hopes that tonight will go well and that I will feel more confident that she will be a "model" pupil throughout the next 6 weeks.
1 tweets (comments):
We all survived! The good news was that there was a lot more swimming than sinking but Kira has a hard time sitting on the steps waiting her turn. She would much rather be out swimming. I can promise you that her teacher will not have forgotten her name by next week. ;)
Post a Comment